Sunday, January 8, 2012

What amp should I use to get a nice Southern/Clic/Modern Rock sound?

First off I have to get something from musicansfriend.com. I want a solid state amp, I'm not a big fan of tubes. However along with the rock tones I would like to get a semi-blues tone, nothing SUPER blues, maybe possibly to dial in a sort of demi-blues, but thats not exactly required as long as I can get the rock sounds (Something similar to ZZ-Top, Skynyrd, The Nuge. And then bands like The Foo Fighters, and then be able to crunch down a tad for sounds like Velvet Revolver, maybe some Queens of the Stone Age.) The amp in question is a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack (Musican's Friend product number: 482807) I'm pretty sure this is a versatile amp for rock music of all kinds. But I would like your opinions on this amp or recommendations for another. (musicians friend does not carry mesa boogie) On another note, I play a Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment